It’s time to step up your photographic game.
Soho Photo Gallery, an artist-run gallery that has existed since 1971, is dedicated to nurturing high quality, diverse fine-art photography, while creating an environment that is uniquely welcoming to visitors and member artists. We are pleased to continue offering our Personal Portfolio Review program to photographers at any level of expertise and with interest in any area of photography.
This program is designed to give you an opportunity to present and discuss your work with Soho Photo Gallery members. They will provide guidance on techniques, suggestions to improve your skills as a photographer and recommendations for creating and refining your photographic vision. You’ll leave with the sort of practical feedback you can use to move your photography to another level.
- 2019-20 sessions are typically scheduled for the first Wednesday in September, November, January, March, and May from 6:00 to 7:25pm. The full list of dates and time slots are noted in the application, using the register link below.
- You may register by completing and sending the accompanying form. We can accommodate four photographers in an evening, and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. For each evening, there are two time slots from which to choose; each time slot can accommodate 2 people.
- After you register you will receive an email confirming your date and session time. You will also receive a reminder a week before your scheduled date.
- Should you need to cancel your registration, you must do so at least two days before the session in order to receive a refund. Cancellations should be emailed to the program administrator using the form below.
How the Sessions Work:
- We ask you to bring a portfolio of up to 20 images that reflects your area of photographic interest (e.g. landscapes, cityscapes, abstracts, portraits, etc.) or bring a portfolio of up to 20 images on a recent project. While prints are preferred, digital images presented on your own tablet or laptop can also be accommodated.
- In addition to preparing a portfolio, we encourage you to establish a specific objective for the review. In other words, on what would you like the reviewers to focus? What responses would be most helpful? For example, would you like them to provide general feedback about your work? Specific guidance on a project? Assist you with a technical challenge or on a photographic method? Help with developing new areas of photographic interest to pursue?
Soho Photo Gallery, 15 White St., New York, NY 10013
We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to show us your work and receive valuable feedback from our members. Questions? Please contact our administrator, Robert Kalman using the form below.
Personal Portfolio Review Administrator