In this workshop, each student will create a lovely, hand-made artist’s book for 12 to 16 photographs, by:
- selecting the images to print and selecting the paper for images,
- selecting the paper for the book
- selecting and creation of the book cover,
- stitch together the cover and pages,
- ordering of images,
- tipping of images into the book,
- admire the finished product.
We will explore the different kinds of papers, resources for locating interesting papers, and three different ways for binding the finished book.
- examine a variety of hand-made books and materials,
- share a body of work to be made into a book,
- creation of the cover.
- sequencing of images and feedback from others,
- selection of paper options for book,
- tip in the images,
- binding the book,
- sharing final product for discussion.
Following Session 1, students will work independently to print out selected images as discussed and in preparation for Session 2.
This workshop is suitable for all photographers or artists.
Dates (2 Sessions)
Feb. 19, 2020, 6:30 – 9:00pm
Feb. 26, 2020, 6:30 – 9:00pm
15 White St., New York, NY
SPG members enjoy a 20% discount
Paul Stetzer is amember, frequent exhibitor and former President at Soho Photo Gallery, retired teacher of science and environmental studies, and photographer with special interests in documentary, portrait and landscape work.
Workshops are subject to cancellation or change up to one week prior to the scheduled state date. Class audits are not permitted. Cancellation and tuition refund requests must be sent via email to email@example.com at least 10 days prior to the scheduled start date of the workshop for a full refund. The last date of cancellation is the first business day immediately following the initial workshop meeting for a 50% refund of tuition. Refunds will be issued within 10 business days.